At the Law Office of Dionna Reynolds, LLC, we understand the challenges you face when starting or running a business. Whether you need assistance formalizing a startup, negotiating contracts, or meeting more complex regulatory requirements, we provide a superior level of personalized service backed up by aggressive and energetic advocacy.
Our clients range in size from entrepreneurs and startups to established multinational corporations that do business in Chicago. We have experience in a wide range of industries, including real estate, healthcare, education, retail, hospitality, e-commerce, Internet ventures, and professional services.
Contract Drafting, Negotiation, and Enforcement
A properly drafted contract establishes the foundation for a legal business relationship between two or more parties. Consequently, it needs to define:
- The rights and responsibilities of each party
- The financial terms involved
- Who is indemnified
- The dispute resolution process
Attorney Dionna Reynolds works closely with corporations across all industries to draft contracts that are clear, legally compliant, and fair to all sides. We identify any potential issues before they can take hold, such as terms and conditions that expose a client to liability or rob them of key rights.
Our dedicated and experienced business law team has years of experience in negotiating complex business agreements, such as:
- Creation and governance contracts for partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Buy and sell agreements
- Merger and acquisition contracts
- Equity and debt financing agreements
- Employment agreements
- Severance agreements with restrictive covenants
- Licensing agreements
The Law Office of Dionna Reynolds, LLC advises clients in all aspects of corporate financing, including capital formation from individuals, private equity, venture capital groups, angel investors, and others. When you partner with us, we assist you in accessing the equity or debt capital you need and advise you on issues associated with the process, such as:
- Securities issuance and their reporting obligations
- Public and private placement of equity and debt
- State and federal regulatory compliance
- Establishing investment models such as hedge funds
- Creation, review, and implementation of key agreements such as shareholder agreements, stock, and asset acquisition agreements, and underwriting agreements
- Initial public offerings (IPO)
- Mediation and litigation services
Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a key strategic move for many of our clients, which include the biggest and most sophisticated businesses and financial institutions. Our clients trust and prefer us because we offer superior service while executing M&A strategies like those below.
- Creative and favorable deals of all sizes and scopes
- Productive acquisition strategies
- Effective disposition and acquisition programs
- Closing any valuation gap between buyer and seller
Our combined years of experience across multiple industries and jurisdictions allow us to guide our clients through these transformative company events. Our success record is proof positive of the value we bring to our clients on a daily basis.
Business disputes are practically inevitable. When your company’s interests are jeopardized, let us protect your position, in and out of the courtroom. From dealing with an intractable rival to seeking an injunction to prevent an immediate threat to your business, we offer determined and aggressive advocacy every step of the way.
In addition to patent litigation, licensing, and other forms of intellectual property litigation, our business law team handles corporate law disagreements such as:
- Breach of contract
- Securities litigation
- Competition and antitrust
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Libel and slander
- Confidential information and data protection
While larger Chicago businesses may turn to their in-house attorney for legal guidance, it is not always practical for smaller companies to retain their own full-time legal counsel. This is where we can help.
Our corporate counsel team can-
- Provide guidance and representation to companies without in-house legal staff
- Support your in-house counsel as needed
We provide general counsel services to business owners seeking to grow and build value in their companies. Our practice regularly addresses a wide range of business and legal issues facing decision-makers in a variety of industries.
Q. What is a Close Corporation?
In Illinois, a close corporation is a company owned, controlled, and managed by a small group of people – usually family members. Although it is organized in the same manner as other corporations, its Articles must meet the requirements set forth in the Illinois Business Corporation Act of 1983, such as containing a heading declaring the corporation’s name and the fact that it is organized as a close corporation.
If you intend to form a close corporation, we can advise you on how to comply with the Business Corporation Act and explain any optional provisions you may include in your articles, such as company management by shareholders instead of a board of directors.
Q. Are Corporate Bylaws Required in Illinois?
Yes, Illinois corporations are required to have bylaws, which may be created by the business’s shareholders or board of directors.
A corporation’s bylaws determine how a company will operate. Typically, they address such issues as the number and duties of officers and directors, how officers and directors are chosen, and how directors’ and shareholders’ meetings are conducted.
It is important to note that your bylaws must be consistent with both state law and your Articles of Incorporation. We can help you ensure compliance with all applicable requirements by helping you draft or review your corporate bylaws.
Q. What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding has revolutionized the way that money is raised for businesses and projects. To be managed successfully and in compliance with existing regulations requires a solid grasp of several disciplines, including but not limited to securities, financial services, taxation, and e-commerce.
Attorney Reynolds advises and supports companies seeking to obtain capital through crowdfunding. Legal matters we assist with include:
- Licensing and compliance requirements for equity crowdfunding
- Tax matters, particularly in instances where money crosses borders
- Money services issues such as payment processor set up and money laundering compliance
- Anti-spam and privacy issues and requirements
- Terms and conditions for crowdfunding portals
Get Experienced Advice from a Trusted Corporate Lawyer
How you handle your company’s legal matters and challenges will significantly affect your business growth. Attorney Dionna Reynolds is dedicated to finding the most efficient and expedient resolutions for your corporate formation, management, financing, and dispute resolution needs. For more information or to schedule a confidential consultation, call 833-878-7837 or contact our office online.