Chicago is valued for its economic stability, low-volatility marketplace, healthy renters’ market, and strong private-property rights. As the largest city in Illinois and the third-largest city in the United States, it is home to nearly 400 major corporate headquarters, 30 Fortune 500 companies, and two major universities: Northwestern and the University of Chicago.
All of these attributes make Chicago and Cook County, in general, an attractive and highly competitive market for investors in commercial, residential, and industrial real estate. Let the experienced property investment team at the Law Office of Dionna Reynolds, LLC, provide legal advice that can contribute to a successful transaction.
Our Legal Services for Real Estate Investors
We have an extensive real estate practice in the city of Chicago. Attorney Dionna Reynolds’ in-depth knowledge of the local market allows us to offer our investor clients seamless service on a wide range of property transactions. We can assist you with all of your requirements, from negotiating and drafting contracts through dispute resolution and sales strategies, including:
- Investment, ownership, and transaction structuring. We can identify and propose arrangements that make sense for your investment strategies.
- Construction and development agreements that address and seek to resolve potentially contentious issues in advance.
- Acquisition and disposition of all types of real estate assets, including retail, office, hotel, recreational, industrial, and development properties. We know the Chicago real estate market inside and out and will use those insights to work toward a satisfactory outcome.
- Financing, including mortgage securitizations and long-term, construction, and other loans. We help both domestic and international investors identify the right solution for their financing needs.
- Real estate ownership structures, including joint ventures, partnerships, and shareholder arrangements. Our strong background in Illinois business law can result in an ideal ownership structure for your investments.
- Asset management and leasing. Once you acquire the property, we can guide you through the steps needed to ensure a successful leasing and management arrangement.
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs). Investors who normally encounter significant barriers to investing in real estate can greatly benefit from REIT share-based trading. By deferring capital gains taxes and providing a steady income, a REIT can also help with estate planning.
Our clients include developers, private and institutional entities, public and private lenders, REITs, commercial property owners, and other individuals and entities that invest in real estate. They have trusted us with some of their most challenging and complex real estate transactions in recent years. We can provide you with the cutting-edge and strategic advice you need if you are an investor looking to expand your real estate interests in Chicago.
Additional Legal Support for Investors
The Law Office of Dionna Reynolds, LLC is a full-service real estate, business law, and litigation firm, so we can assist you with any issues that may arise before, during, or after your property purchase. Examples include:
An easement is a non-possessive right to enter or use another’s property without actually owning it. While some easements are beneficial, others can diminish property value and interfere with business. We can guide you through the complexities of an easement dispute.
Boundary issues are common and if not resolved, can impact the value of your commercial property. We can engage a licensed surveyor to locate the legal boundary, determine how much of your land is being used, and confirm whether there was ever permission to do so.
If you have a mechanics’ lien against your property or someone has filed a mechanics’ lien against it, claiming they have supplied materials or worked on the property, we can assist you by analyzing the validity of the lien and by taking the necessary steps to have it removed.
Land Use and Zoning Disputes:
We assist clients in contested matters involving zoning decisions, subdivision approval denials, denials of licenses or permits, disconnection, annexation, and condemnation issues.
Leasing Agreement Disputes:
Landlord-tenant relationships can be challenging. In order to protect future income streams, a landlord must ensure that the property rented out is not harmed. If a tenant uses your property in a manner that violates your lease agreement, we can help.
Unlike many Chicago real estate law firms, we can handle both transactional and litigation matters for our investor clients. Our goal is to protect your rights at all levels so that you benefit fully from your investment.
Trusted Advice for Your Real Estate Investment Needs
Although real estate investing can be a lucrative and rewarding experience, there are pitfalls to avoid and challenges to consider. Whether you’re a buyer or seller of real estate, a developer, an investor, or a business owner seeking a new location, you need the guidance and advice of the skilled team at the Law Office of Dionna Reynolds, LLC. Our clients’ needs are always our first priority, and we work hard to assist them in achieving their goals. To schedule a consultation, call 708-981-3344 or contact our office online.